Monday, September 01, 2008

In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.
~Alex Haley

My little Eva Gracie's heart is always turned towards her family. From the beginning she loved talking about and asking about her family. "What is Grandma doing today?" "Where is Granny?" "When can I see Aunt Kelly or Aunt Julie again?" "I miss Uncle Peter." "Why can't I live near my cousins?" For a long time she would ask about her Grandpa Charlie who passed away long before she was born. "What is he doing now?" "Does he see me?" "When will I see him again?" She seems to have been born with a connection and longing for her family.
This weekend Granny Diann, Aunt JoEllen and Uncle Stephen came to visit. It was the first Sunday that Colin passed the sacrament as a Deacon. We just said goodbye after a nice weekend and my beautiful baby girl is in tears. "When will I see them again?" "I miss them already." It all makes me a little sad that we don't live closer. I am happy when my children remind and teach me about what's important in life.

1 comment:

be you blithe and bonny said...

Oh this melts my heart, too! Sweet Eva Grace.