Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Birthday Girl

Yesterday was Adria's birthday and, poor thing, she spent the day in bed with a cold. She did enjoy her favorite ice cream and cake, but refused any picture taking. I'll have to fake some birthday pics later.
I have to say I love the woman my daughter is becoming. Pushing aside some of that typical teenage angst, she's great to talk to and be around and doesn't mind hanging out with her mom. She is her own person, not afraid to express a differing opinion especially about clothes and music. It's hard to believe I have a fifteen year old who will soon be in college, but it's wonderful to have such a friend.

2 comments:

be you blithe and bonny said...

You do certainly have a very special and wonderful daughter. I love my Adria! Okay, your Adria...
Happy Birthday!

Woodland Family said...

We love Adria very much! I think she is a very impressive young woman with an excellent taste in music. Happy Birthday Adria.