Foot in Mouth Disease
Have you ever had the best intention, yet come up short and end up with your foot so far down your throat there is no hope of retrieving it? And when you try to apologize, you fall so short the situation becomes worse?
I've learned never to talk politics with anyone at church or in my family. Never get involved with a group of women discussing "birth stories", someone always has a more sad, painful story. Let things sit a day or two or six before sending off that email. Always think twice before saying whatever pops into my head.
Just some common sense most people learn early on, but which I am continually re-learning. Oh, and another thing, always ask forgiveness.
3 comments:
ah ames, i think you've got it. love ya much sister!
been there! iam better at this than i used to be.it only took 50 years and i am not out of the woods yet!
I don't put my foot in my mouth that often....but there are pros to saying what you think. I've often looked back and thought I should have said what I was thinking. Because of this, I'm not good at sharing the gospel with my non member friends or bearing my testimony. But if I remember correctly, you are. ( :
Post a Comment