Beware of the Scissors
We've all been told and heard, "Don't run with scissors." As children we are taught to hand scissors to another person with the sharp, pointed end facing away from the person. Scissors even come with the pointed end dulled and safety versions. Despite all these precautions, I have suffered two wounds from scissors, both on my legs. I have a lovely scar on my left knee from a pair of hair cutting scissors. I was about 7 years old and my mother was cutting my hair. I raised my knee at the same time she brought the scissors down and Shazam! One deep scar running vertically across the knee cap. I can still remember walking about with an ace bandage, keeping my knee from bending.
Yesterday, I was cutting Liam's hair. That squirmy, little monkey child moved, I wasn't paying attention and Bam! One gouge in my leg not too far from the knee cap on my right leg. I probably needed a stitch, but what's the point in paying an emergency room bill when I can use the handy dandy skin super glue now sold everywhere. Before anyone asks, I have had a recent tetanus shot.
I'm sure Freud would find something in both wounds coming from hair scissors. Both wounds occurring while a mother cut a child's hair. The difference being I was the child in one story, the mother in the next and always ended up being the one hurt. I think I'll chalk it up to staying away from scissors and always staying up to date on those tetanus shots.
1 comment:
OUCH!!! I bet that didn't feel good! I had a similar experience as a child, only with my dad's razor and the entire length of my lower leg losing a nice straight strip of skin! I hope it heals ok! Maybe you could use the safety scissors next time you cut his hair! j/k that might not look too good! :)
Post a Comment