At Home with the Boys
Life is a lot different this school year. At the moment, both boys are home with me all day. For various reasons, we decided to homeschool Colin this year. We're still trying to find our groove, but life is more calm. Colin started guitar lessons and now that he is twelve and in Young Men's he has Boy Scouts in addition to school work. I have to say I enjoy having him home. He's a cool kid who makes me laugh and reminds me not to take myself too seriously.Liam loves having Colin to himself all day. Colin is his big brother/wrestling partner.
Next week, we'll shake all of this daily rhythm up a bit. Liam will be starting preschool. He has a moderate speech delay which qualifies him for free preschool. Today I met with the early childhood center to put the finishing touches on his IEP and see his classroom. He'll be in a class with 8 children including him. There will be two to three adults in the classroom. Two regular teachers and then the speech therapist and the occupational therapist will rotate in and out. I know he needs this just like I know Colin needs to be home this year, but he is my baby. My 'little Liam, monkey boy'. His speech delay keeps me from remembering how old he is until I am around other children his age. So come next week, I'm sure I'll be a little weepy as my 'baby' takes the big leap into school.
*Sadly, Colin won't allow a pic of him playing the guitar. I'll have to be sneaky.
1 comment:
hmm... pretend you're cleaning the camera... or use your new phone - doesn't it take pics? act like you're talking to me!
Ames, it will be a tough week, but you'll be fine. Call me!
Post a Comment