Friday, February 13, 2009

"Letting the Days Go By... You May Ask Yourself, How Did I Get Here?"

Friday the 13th can be a day of eerie, odd and just plain, crazy happenstance. Most of these days come and go, but this one is one to remember. Adria received her permit to drive today. She has now passed the written exam, has a license and will be learning the nuances of driving. It feels eerie, odd and crazy that she's driving. Can she be that old? How did little Applejacks get to this point? I know time flies so I shouldn't be surprised. She has been talking of which colleges to apply to and one would think it would occur to me that she'd be getting a driver's license before that happened. But she's still my little girl who likes to cuddle up with me and tries to sit in my lap.

2 comments:

be you blithe and bonny said...

this is not my beautiful car, this is not my beautiful wife

letting the days go by, let the water hold me down

be you blithe and bonny said...

ok, now that I've actually read the post, I am feeling ancient, sad, hopeful and happy. little applejacks...