Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Tis the Season? Already?"

Can you believe it's only a little over a month until Christmas? This year has gone by too fast. We decided after all the summer travels we would stay home for Christmas. The kids are looking forward to waking in their beds on Christmas Day and opening presents at home. They have also been making "Christmas tradition" requests. Most of the requests involve food like wassail and different cookies. They are also demanding the tree is decorated as soon as possible. I've informed them that right after Thanksgiving is as soon as I'll be setting up the tree. I have to draw the line somewhere and so far no one has requested that I get on the roof and decorate the house with lights. We all know that won't be happening!

4 comments:

be you blithe and bonny said...

Yeah for Christmas traditions at home!
Love your new blog layout, too!

keelfam said...

I'm excited for Christmas. It's my favorite time to decorate. However, they have already started playing the Christmas music non stop on the radio this week. We had our ward Thanksgiving Turkey Fry Friday night and I felt like I was going to the Christmas party because I was listening to Christmas music. As far as Christmas Traditions, Silas started one for us last year. He requested that everyone who was here on Christmas Eve get in costume and act out the Nativity. He planned who would play what part. It was quite funny, but a good tradition I think!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Aha! I am still a holdout! I will have my Thanksgiving theme blog until after Thursday. But your Christmas one looks great and reminds me that As of the Monday after Thanksgiving I will officially panic because I am way behind on Christmas! Eeek!!!

amanda patty said...

We have to wait until after Thanksgiving as well. One Holiday at a time!