
Happy?? Mother's Day!
Today was one of those Mother's Days to be forgotten. Let's start with the weather. It was cold and rainy and windy today. I have been SO ready for summer or at least some pleasant spring weather. I actually turned the heater on this evening as it will be in the 40s tonight and I don't want to freeze.
Next, Andrew is in Europe at the moment. He's been gone a week and will be gone for another one. He has been a dear and has emailed or video chatted with me everyday. And he sent me flowers yesterday. But I miss that parenting partnership we have. It's hard with four bouncing-off-the-walls-standing-on-their-heads kids. Plus it's the last weeks of school and so reports are due and major tests are coming and all those end of the year activities. It also doesn't help that I can't sleep when he's gone.
Then, the kids were less than helpful. I wasn't expecting much because Andrew isn't here. No one wanted to wash dishes or help with dinner. It was another day at the Brown's. They did let me take a nap, but only because they did, too. Of course, the nap was late and so they couldn't fall asleep until late. I feel like Oscar the Grouch(see my sister's blog).
But the house is finally quiet. They all have school tomorrow except Liam. And Andrew will be home in a week. I think for my birthday I will disappear for the day.
3 comments:
Ah Ames, what a bummer of a day! Remember, though, you said you made it through church with all kids in tact and your hair still black, so that must count for something!
Switching gears: I can't wait to be there for some sister therapy! I wish Laura and April could come, too! Of course Mom as well.
Can I tell you something that has to take the Oscar out for a moment? Bryn has these lions that growl with the push of a button... Cael is sitting and pressing it to growl over and over... and so over and over he is jumping every time it growls!
Ok, since I am totally off the subject.... love you much!
Oh and I LOVE your new layout!
I'm sorry to hear you had a bummer day. I know exactly how you feel. I hope you had a better one today. Happy Belated Mother's day!
Post a Comment