
Andrew and Pierre Marcolini
Andrew came home from Europe last night. He has been in Belgium and London for the past two weeks. Before anyone asks, 'why didn't he take you?' , let me say that it is the last weeks of school and there was no way I could leave the kids right now. But he did this wonderful thing. He introduced me to Pierre Marcolini and his divine chocolates. If you want to see them go to www.marcolini.be/EN/accueil.html.
Apparently, the store looks like a jewelry store, plush interior with the chocolates behind glass cases like you are picking out an engagement ring and several stories tall. Those who live in Belgium swear by the chocolates and rightly so. They are fabulous. Which reminds me why do we always hear about the Swiss their chocolates? Andrew has brought back Swiss chocolate before and these leave them in the dust.
I understand a store opened in NYC so if you are there, RUN, don't walk. For some reason, I can picture my friend Heidi ditching her husband and spending the day eating chocolates.
They use interesting and unusual ingredients in their chocolates like puff pastry or thyme. One of my unexpected favorite so far is a fondant square chocolate with fresh Provencal thyme and orange peels. Sounds a bit gross, but it was wonderful. Have I used the word 'wonderful' and 'fabulous' and 'divine' enough?
Oh, and I love that my husband is home. But I thought you'd rather hear about the chocolates than our reunion.
3 comments:
Mmm... I agree Belgian chocolate is divine! Save some for me! You know your last line is setting yourself up for something very witty from a certain husband of mine.
Oh and Welcome Home, Andrew!
You didn't tell me he brought you those! I think I ate more than my share when we were there a few years ago... Yum!
Post a Comment