Sunday, May 23, 2010

Surviving the School Year

In a few days, one more school year will be over. Thank goodness for Summer! We are all exhausted by the demands this year has brought. Liam will be starting kindergarten in the fall and while his speech has improved, I will be grateful to send him on the bus and not make the trek to and from school each day. In regards to Eva, let's just say a good teacher makes all the difference, and we look forward to the requested one next year : ) Colin is more willing to work on homeschool and asked if we could continue with some this summer. In his words, "I don't want to be 40 and living in your basement." Neither do we, Colin, neither do we. Adria will be in her last year of high school. She is eager and anxious to strike out on her own, knowing she's not truly "on her own", but has her parents a phone call and tuition check away.

Let's hope for a pleasant, restful, peaceful summer!

**On a side note, I had an allergic reaction to the new medication I started. I was hoping for a decrease in inflammation throughout particularly my joints, but alas, I began to itch excessively. The skin around my left eye was already damaged from a chemical burn (always wash your hands while cleaning and before you touch your face!). My eye was on the mend, but became swollen, red, and claw off your skin itchy as did other areas of skin. So, I have stopped my meds and am on a three day course of prescription antihistamines and steroids. The itching has calmed down... Now. Peaceful summer.

No comments: