"So Much to Say..."
To say life runs at the speed of light may sound inflated and cliche, but in the Brown house it is close to the truth. These past few months have been a worldwind and I've neglected to keep up with our blog/family diary.
School for the kids in August. Adria has a love/hate relationship with some of her classes. AP Environmental Science seems to be the bane of her existence especially since our opinionated girl disagrees with the teachers views on subjects like overpopulation and how to deal with it. I love the head she has on those shoulders. Meanwhile, Eva is excited about 2nd grade. Apparently, raising chicks will be part of the curriculum. Liam is busy with pre-school and speech therapy. His teachers were impressed with the progress he made this summer. Colin and I are finding a nice balance with schoolwork. He's excited(or at least mildly interested which says a lot) about a dissection class he is taking from a friend of mine.
We've had lots of birthday cake lately. My birthday is in August as well as Colin's and Adria just turned 16 at the beginning of the month. It's been 16 years since I rushed to the hospital two weeks before my due date and said, "I think I'm in labor." One nurse in particular didn't believe me until another checked and said, "Yep, this baby's coming today." A few hours later, we had our little Adria Ruth. All 7lbs 11oz of her. Now she drives us to church on Sundays and is planning for college. Clearly, evidence that time runs at the speed of light.
Andrew is about to embark on several trips. His grandfather passed away and he will attend the funeral next weekend. The following week will take him to a conference at Cornell. Then he will be away in October teaching a weeklong seminar at BYU. He'll stay put for awhile until a symposium in Chile and a trip to Argentina next year.
I am trying to hold the fort down and keep it from falling down. I've been making plans for upkeep on the house like a new kitchen floor. Chauffeuring has recently been filed under my job description. During a recent trip to Home Depot with Andrew, I came outside and immediately, unconsciously headed to the driver's seat. I'm so used to driving everywhere and Andrew didn't mind at all. In the past, I preferred to have him drive. Like the song goes, I seem to be destined to tread trodden trails for long time to come.
1 comment:
Sounds busy where you are!!
Post a Comment