Monday, August 03, 2009

Where Did the Summer Go?

I can hardly believe that school is about to start. We have had enough events to keep us busy and the time flying. We traveled to Oklahoma to visit relatives, and Andrew has been busy getting his second book ready for publication.
Liam kept up his speech therapy which was a welcome time for us. To hear how much his speech has progressed in the passed year is amazing. I know we all use that word too much, but a year ago I could barely understand two words in a long string of babble. Now, for the most part, I know what he wants or is trying to communicate with me. We still have a ways to go, but I am delighted with all he can do. And life is less frustrating for him.
Adria was kept busy with friends and Girls Camp and Youth Conference. She is starting Driver's Ed this week and it reminds me of the two short years we have before college beckons. I have to brag about her 5 in AP European History. She worked hard and it was great news in the middle of the summer.
Colin had Scout camp, yard work, campouts and the ever popular XBox 360 at his friend Sev's house. What more could a teenage boy wants expect maybe the yard. It did help him earn a video game he wanted so there was even a silver lining in that cloud.
Eva was my little shadow this summer. Constantly drawing pictures or writing stories to give to me, and, as always, endless questions. She has to know how everything and everyone works. Aside from those activities, we hung out together, danced together, played in the water together and, perhaps, the entire point of summer break, enjoyed each other's company.

No comments: