Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Boy Colin



When we first decided to homeschool Colin, I was unsure about whether it was the right decision or not. But he hated school, and that is not an exaggeration. Whatever the outcome will be, it is great to have him home. He has the quirkiest, wittiest sense of humor. At least once a day I am laughing with him.
Colin is also a great big brother. As soon as Liam was born, I wasn't able to keep the two apart. They wrestle, build forts and climb trees together. About the only time they argue is if Liam tries to "help" Colin play his guitar.
The past year has been one of incredible growth for Colin. He is now taller than me and gaining on Andrew. But I love the way he has matured and mellowed. He is becoming a responsible, thoughtful young man. As a mom, I'm proud of who he is becoming, but a little sad to lose my boy.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Colin looks like he's right out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

be you blithe and bonny said...

glad he's wearing orange so not to be mistaken for a deer back there ^_^
Colin is such a dear young man. Understand your mixed feelings.

Seshat said...

Colin has been climbing the trees in the backyard. They really aren't that far off the ground. He's not as high up as he looks.