Our Crazy Family
I thought I should give a quick run down of our family.
Liam is our youngest. He will be three in May, is absolutely spoiled, and we all love granting his wishes. He loves cars, dinosaurs, capes, getting dirty and playing with Colin. Liam will swing, crawl or jump off of anything hence his nickname, "Monkey Boy". He has so much energy that sometimes I ask Colin to wrestle with him.
Eva is six years old and one of the most cheerful, bubbly children you could meet. Beware though, behind that gregarious outerlayer is a will of steel. She has been hardened by years of older sibling torture. Eva is our girly princess. Disney came along with their princess marketing just in time for her. Eva loves reading, school, anything to do with art, Hayao Miyazaki movies, and reminding everyone that we forgot family prayer.
Colin is eleven years old and already on girls' radar. He has an amazing sense of humor and has a knack for summing up the moment in succinct, hilarious ways. He is currently playing the violin, but will switch to the guitar next year. He loves old movies especially those with Buster Keaton, the Marx Brothers, and 80s movies( Ferris Bueller, etc). Colin's taste in music runs to The Clash, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Weird Al, and generally music Andrew doesn't have a taste for especially current music like Foo Fighters.
Adria is fourteen and a freshman in high school. This is her first year of seminary, and the early morning has been hard on all of us. Okay, harder on Adria and Andrew who takes her, but I don't enjoy hearing the shower running at 5am. Her interests run towards politics, history, and literature. Of course, boys are also a prime interest. She gave up the flute this year and is concentrating on piano. She will always have a calling in church!
We are happy to say that Andrew just received tenure. This takes a lot of stress off of the family, but it has been replaced by the stress of being Bishop. His job has him traveling a lot. He just came back from Argentina and will head to Europe in May. This summer we are all going to Vermont where Andrew will be teaching a graduate course at Middlebury College.
I am at home with Liam and the cat(Midnight) most days. Aside from a chef, I am also working as a chauffeur, receptionist, tutor, domestic servant, decorator, nutritionist, handyman, gardener and counselor. Motherhood keeps me busy. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up this blog.
~Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment